How do I get a Class B misdemeanor off my record?

Asked over 5 years ago - Texas

I was arrested in 05 for a class B misdemeanor possesion of marijuana charge. I plead not guilty, was realeased without bail, and never heard anything more about it. No court date, no fines, no probabtion, no deffered adjutication. This was almost 4 years ago. Now I tried to get a job and it shows up on my record. How do I get this removed? Expunge? Order of Non-Discloser?

1. Herman Martinez

Pro

1

3

Answered . That is very odd. I would start by going to the county clerk were your charges were filed. Next, request to see your court file and try to determine if there is judgment. If there is a judgment make a copy of it. The judgment will say what happened in your case. If you do not find a judgment look for a dismissal. If you do not find either of those documents your case may still be pending and a warrant for your arrest may be outstanding.

If the case was dismissed you are eligible for an expungement. I have detailed the differences between an expungement and a motion for non disclosure at my blog (www.houstoncriminaljournal.com).

Good luck to you.

2. Herman Martinez

Pro

1

2

If the case was dismissed you are eligible for an expungement. I have detailed the differences between an expungement and a motion for non disclosure at my blog (www.houstoncriminallawjournal.com).

Good luck to you.