Skip to main content

How do I get a civil protection order removed when the person the order is on is in prison and cannot attend the hearing?

Bucyrus, OH |

They told us at the court house, he could sign an affidavit in prison to present to the court stating we no longer had problems. But we do not know how to do that and cannot afford legal representation. When we called for free legal aid, they said we needed advice not representation and they could not help us. We don't know where to turn next.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If he's willing to sign, mail him the document to dismiss the CPO. Otherwise just file a motion to have it dismissed on the grounds that he is incarcerated.

    This answer is provided for general purposes only. If you need legal assistance you should consult with an attorney. Responding to questions DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics