How do I get a business registered if I'm an international student on F-1 visa?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I have a business already, but it is not registered in the States yet. I just would like to know how I can go about doing it? I know that international students are not supposed to work off-campus, but my business has nothing to do with work. I'm not involved with its daily activities because of the internet. I buy electronics in the States, and sell them overseas. My annual transactions go well over $800,000 (total cost of all the products that I buy in a year). What I ultimately want is to keep doing what I'm doing right now, and get a green card. How do I do it? If there is any way to do it, then I'd take that chance. I'm willing to work with an attorney. Please, help.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Since you are willing to work with an attorney you should hire one. Good luck . You seem to be off to a fine start.

2. Aurelius Butvilas

1

Answered . Look into E1/E2 visas. That might be your chance to legalize in the USA. Once you research E visas call an immigration lawyer.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Repeating a prior question will not get you better answers.

Pay an attorney for a private consultation ... there are many facts that you are not disclosing on this blog.

4. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  5. Mark V. Clay

1

Answered . Simply consult a business immigration attorney. Going online to get more information in your case will not get you closer to your goal. Good luck!