How do I forgive/waive the arrears and drop the case totally in NY, Nassau County. There is also a SCU case and warrants

Wantagh, NY |

I, the custodial parent never received welfare. There are current warrants though for the arrears. How do I go about closing the child support case and the SCU child support enforcement case? I want the case completely dropped and the arrears forgiven/waived and we'll handle it privately. Do I have to say the NCP paid me all of the arrears or can I just forgive it? Also by closing the SCU case and the child support order dropping it will that fix the warrants?

There is a family emergency and the NCP can not travel due to passport issues, now stuck out of the country. I want the passport cleared and the warrants gone ASAP

Please let me know the process to do this as easy as possible and as quickly as possible. I do not want to hire a lawyer just do it myself

thank you

1. You would have to file a petition to vacate his arrears. However, you may have a problem if you can't serve him since he is out of the country. You should go to Family Court and they should be able to assist you.

Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. I try and answer questions in terms that the readers will understand. The poster is licensed only in NY, CT & NJ. If you have any further questions or would like to speak to me about your case, you can reach me at LanceMeyer@LMeyerLawFirm.com. If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.

Child support topics