How do I find the max penalty for a crime committed in MD in 1986? CJIS code 4 3550, the current code states 4 years and $25k

Asked over 1 year ago - Sykesville, MD

Found guilty for CDS, found in possession of less than 1 gram of marijuana. I have purchased firearms in several states since but have recently been denied a CCW permit in AZ. Reason stated is because the misdemeanor charge carries max sentence of 4y and federal only allows max of 2y. I believe the wrong CJIS code may have been used in my case and all records are gone except basics. Is it possible that the CJIS code carried a lesser max sentence in 1986 and if so, how can I find out?

1. Warren E Tydings Jr

Answered . Go online and find the Maryland Code. In the codes there are conversion charts to match up with the new statutes. Or Google Scholar search for the old code and enter 1986. You may also want to contact an attorney