Skip to main content

How do I find second page to Disorderly Conduct 240.20 (1) where police officer states what he saw?

Corona, NY |

I just received citation for Disorderly Conduct because I got jumped by 6 guys and loung owners helped in pushing guys off me. I was assaulted without any notice and was fighting until cops broke up the fight. I was so glad they were there until I got a summons to appear in court when asking the officer why they not getting arrested he replied I saw you fighting one of them. On the ticket the officer wrote the defended stated " I was only defending myself" was that enough to say that you getting attacked out of no where and you are also charged with disorderly conduct... Can someone help me elaborate please. In addition I found out that when disorderly conduct is given a second page is written somewhere and only lawyers can get a copy. I am not a lawyer and would love to find it, Any help

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It is on the back if the original summons. You can try going to the Clerk's office to see if they will allow you to view it before the court date. If not, you will be able to view it on the court date. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck.

    I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

  2. It is on the court's copy of the summons. Usually its not available until about a week before the court date. I handle these all the time. If you hire a lawyer you do not have to go to court. I can often get these dismissed.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  3. The court clerk would be the person to see for the full summons. They are not available right away so you might call ahead. Sounds like this might be relatively easily dismissed, you should speak with an attorney and may be save yourself some court time.

    If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632.

  4. You (and anyone else) has access to a pending criminal file and can review it and request a copy of the supporting deposition. If there is none, have your attorney demand an information.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics