How do I find out why my home detention in PA does not count towards my time served?

Asked over 4 years ago - State College, PA

I was on pre-trial home detention monitoring, for 2 years awaiting trial. Why does that not count towards my time served at sentencing? I was on ankle monitoring, and they often called my work and home to be sure I was there. Yet I only got credit for 3 months of the 6 months I spent in jail before I was actually convicted.

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

Answered . Best guess is that the home monitoring was a condition of bail and that you were not truly incarcerated. Frankly I'm not even sure the Court is permitted to give one credit for time served on a pre-trial home detention. You can ask your attorney to research the issue. If they are not permitted to give the credit or even if they are but it is up to the Court's discretion as to whether to give credit then you are probably out of luck.