How do I find out what broker has a stock that was TOD to me?

Macon, MO |

My grandmother listed me as TOD of a stock she held. That stock spun off in 2007 so I am trying to find out if I was listed on that as TOD as well. I called the company and I found out she transferred that spun off stock to a broker in 2008 but the company didnt have any information of who the broker was. We have poured through boxes of paperwork my grandmother had but are having no luck as of yet. But she literally kept every piece of paper since 1931. How do I find out what broker she transferred that stock to?? seems like a needle in a haystack??

1. Look to see where your grandmother did her securities dealings. Narrow it down with brokerage statements.

2. Do a lost property search in the state under both your name and hers. It might show up.

3. The spinoff should have carried the same legal title.

4. Contact the spun off company IR and confirm share registry names.

5. Confirm that your state recognizes TOD.

2. You are right that it is a needle in a haystack, but Mr. Singh is spot on with his advice.

Best of luck.

Business topics