How do I find out someone's release date from California state prison?

Fresno, CA |

Where can I find someone's release date?

1. You can look up the individual on CDCR's web site for his/her location. There is also a contact under the parole button for victim services and parole information

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. Ask the inmate. Can you?

Alternatively, Mr. Hudson is correct. You can also call the prison's ombudsman, who will either provide you the information or direct you to someone who can help you.

3. Probably not. The CDCR website (cdcr.ca.gov) only tells you when the inmate was admitted to the system, not when they are being released. They don't usually give that information out for inmate protection.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia