How do I find out if there is a form for filing a hardship discharge available on line?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Kannapolis, NC

My husband passed away and I need to file for a hardship discharge from our chapter 13 bankruptcy.

1. Ryan Cullen Wood

3

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry for your loss. First, consult your attorney. If you do not have one go to your bankruptcy court's website and check the forms area for a hardship discharge motion. If you are representing your self the court will give you more latitude in what you file. You could hand write the motion and declaration. You must give notice to your creditors too. It is not a extremely complicated process, but you need it done right the first time and just move on with life at this point. Call your local bar association for a referral to an experienced bankruptcy attorney.

Ryan C. Wood is a Bay Area bankruptcy lawyer and has been practicing exclusively bankruptcy law in California since 2007. Mr. Wood formerly worked for David Burchard, Chapter 13 Trustee for the Santa Rosa and San Francisco Divisions of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California. West Coast Bankruptcy Attorneys has filed hundreds of bankruptcy cases and has an “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

2. Brian Crozier Whitaker

5

Answered . I doubt there is a Form for this. You'll need to have someone prepare the Motion on pleading paper, attach a Declaration signed under penalty of perjury, and file it with the court.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

4

Answered . I agree that there probably isn't a standard prepared form, but if there is, the place to look is the local bankruptcy court's website. Hope this perspective helps!

4. Lucy Magness Hebron

4

Answered . Sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. You should contact your chapter 13 attorney for help with this. If you need to modify your chapter 13 plan the attorney can and should advise you.

This answer is for informational purposes only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.