How do I find out if my husband filed for divorce?

Asked over 2 years ago - Wayne, PA

We married in 2002 in Vegas. 1 month later I realized i married a monster. We separated in 2004. I never filed. I know he is living in florida but I google him once in a while to make sure he is still in florida (I am in PA) so I dont have to look over my sholder. He is an Outlaw biker and probably the worst one ever. So, I googled him and found out he was arrested for Assault with a deadly weapon. in his police report, it stated he was divorced. how do I find this out?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

12

Answered . I am sorry that you have gone through this. The best way to find out would be to check the state's probate/family court where the marriage had jurisdiction or where one of you lived long enough to establish jurisdiction. He could have done a a divorce by publication or if you can't figure this out, perhaps you woudl like to have your divorce done by publication in PA. Your instinct is correct, finding out won't be so easy but try and pin point the logical places he would have or could have lived maybe even Vegas and check the courts. Take care and I wish you all the best.