How do I find out if my home daycare provider carried insurance? She said she did not have it, but I am pretty sure she does.

Asked over 1 year ago - Sarasota, FL

We found out that she was abusing our children while they were in her care and want to sue her for at least the money we paid her. Is there a way to find out the information, even if she does not disclose it herself?

1. Erin Patricia Farley

3

Answered . Consult with the licensing board. If there were issues of abuse/neglect, you should also file a report. http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/childcare/l...

2. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . I am so sorry to hear about your children. If she was licensed or unlicensed then you need to contact the licensing board and report this ASAP– use the link provided by Attorney Farley. Have you called the police yet? If not, then do so. Lastly, you should also talk with a local personal injury attorney. Most offer free initial consultations.

3. Karen Tallent Munzer

Pro

1

Answered . File a report with the police and local licensing board. If your children need therapy to cope with the abuse get your children help. Consult with a PI attorney. They usually work on a contingency fee basis,meaning you don't pay any attorney's fees. The attorney is paid a portion of any recovery. The attorney will be able to discover if there is insurance coverage. I am sorry that your family had to experience this horrendous behavior.