How do I find out if I have a warrant issued from 7 years ago form out of state and resolve a pending issue?

Brielle, NJ |

In 2000 I received a DUI and appeared in court. At the time I was young and had no idea what was going on. (my parents and attorney did not communicate with me). I was led to believe my parents were paying my fines to the state of NJ Motor Vehicles while I was in school and the probationary terms were going to be revised as I could not attend the classes. Since 2002 my parents divorced and I have had limited communication with them and the matter did not resurface. I was searching my name and discovered 2 judgements from the DMV. I am extremely worried that a bench warrant was issued for arrest and I was never notified. I live out of state and want to fix this whole mess, I just have no idea where to start. Please help!

Call MVC. Likely the immediate charges were paid. The judgements are likely for insurance surcharges. NJ charges $1000/year for three years. If that is the case you can resolve the issue with MVC, or work out a payment plan.

Call the court where the charges were adjudicated to find out about warrants. Call the mvc to find out about license suspensions. If you have warrants, call a lawyer.

DUI topics