How do I find out if I have a felony charge on my record?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Largo, FL

I never committed a felony but FDLE says I have one in my record. How can I see this?

1. Ayuban Antonio Tomas

Pro

Answered . You can also look up your case at the clerk of court's website and see what the file says. If there is in fact a file, you can go to the courthouse and ask to see it (it is public record).

2. Aaron J. Slavin

Answered . Both answers are correct. You can purchase your own criminal history from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for a small fee or you can visit the Clerk of Court (in person or online) and look through their public records.

If FDLE says you have a Felony on your record, you should be able to have them provide you with the date of arrest, charge, county and final disposition.

This is a very black-and-white issue. You either have a prior Felony or you do not. I would think that would be worth knowing and/or looking into so you can fix this problem (if it is, in fact, an error). Obviously, a Felony conviction will close a lot of doors (especially in this economy and job market).

Good luck,

Aaron J. Slavin, Esq.
    SLAVIN LAW FIRM, LLC

3. George Peter Conway

Answered . Greetings:

You can obtain a copy of your criminal history record by going to:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/2952...

Best regards,

George P. Conway
    www.albanycriminaldefenselawyer.com
    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this answer contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this answer..