How do I find out if I have a capias

Jacksonville, FL |

3rd degree felony grand theft 600.00 from the company I worked for.

To find out if there is a capias also known as an arrest warrant outstanding for you do, you should first check on the internet at the sheriff's department in the county where the alleged theft took place, as many Florida sheriff's offices have placed the information online. If the information is not online then have a friend contact your local sheriff's office giving your name and date of birth and simply ask.

If you have one, it should show up the Clerk's system online for your case number if the case was going on when the capias was issued. If you had never been arrested on it and a warrant has been issued, you can check online or call the warrants division, however some counties (if not online) will not divulge the information to a caller.

You can check online with the sheriff's office, however if there is a warrant because you violated probation, this may be contained on the clerk's website as well