How do i find out if i am wanted by the FBI?

Asked about 5 years ago - Naples, FL

i am not an US cityzen but i have been there one year ago. after my return home i saw on the internet that some friends of mine were arrested for an internet frau and my name was on the list of suspects. i never received nothing at my home adress (europe). i want to know how can i find out about my status. i want to come back in the us and i don't want to be arrested on the airport. :)

and what should i do? can i take a lawyer who cand find out in my name if there is something with my situation? or i can ask at the embassy? what should i do?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . The FBI cannot reveal whether a particular person is in the system. Keeping wanted lists secure remains an effective tool in the government’s countercriminal and counterterrorism efforts. If its contents are disclosed and if it were revealed who was on the listings, criminal organizations would be able to circumvent the purpose of law enforcement by determining in advance which of their members are likely to be questioned, detained or arrested.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . It is possible after passage of time as in your case to have a lawyer initiate a FOIA request of the FBI and make an inquiry of Interpol. if interested, contact me at:

Dr. Jonathan Levy
    Attorney at Law
    www.brimstoneandcompany.com
    chambers@brimstoneandcompany.com
    1-202-318-2407