Skip to main content

How do I find out if criminal charges have been filed against me?

Coolidge, AZ |

I was arrested in Arizona. I recieved no paperwork. I was informed if and when they decided to press charges against me that I would recieve something in the mail. It has been over 4 months and I have yet to recieve anything. How can I find out if criminal charges have been filed against me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can contact the prosecuting authority that handles the cases for the law enforcement agency that arrested you and they can tell you what the status of the case is, i.e., whether it is pending a charging decision or whether it has been filed or whether charges have been declined. But be advised that you may be alerting them they they need do do something with the case. The longer a case that is chargeable stays in a pile on someone's desk the better for you!


The quickest way on your own would be to contact the arresting agency. If you believe you should have been charged, you may wish to hire counsel to start checking with the arresting agency and the prosecutor's office. If you believe you have a warrant, again, you should have counsel begin the checks as any direct contact with law enforcement could result in your arrest.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer