How do i find out if a person already has judgments against them in Mecklenburg county NC before I file my lawsuit

Asked almost 5 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I need to find out if this person has judgments or liens against property before I file

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Melissa D. Brumback

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . There are two main ways. Either visit the Mecklenburg Courthouse and ask for help to look up the judgments against the person (as they are public record), or go online and pay for a service to do this for you. Courtsearch dot com is a great resource.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,870 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,870 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering