How do i find out how much is owed when my wages are being garnished?

Dallas, TX |

one day i checked my paycheck and noticed a significant chunk was missing. i looked at my paycheck stub and saw...student garnishments. who do i contact to figure out who i'm paying and how much?

1. You should have received a notice from your employer about the garnishment before it began. Contact your payroll department to obtain creditor information but if you know who you owe you can contact them and get the balance.

attorney@sdbankrupt.com

Disclaimer: Kathryn Tokarska is admitted to practice law in the State of California only and makes no attempts to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to California. The answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation and does not constitute legal advice. You should not rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship. A legal problem cannot be evaluated without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act.