How do I find out about Stock that wife sold while husband was in prison?

Traverse City, MI |

Hello, I need to ask you some questions. I am helping an older gentleman. He has stocks purchased through murco. He was locked up for a time and his wife sold everything. Is there some way to find out about your stock with out the stock certifacate or knowing what financial co helped you obtain it?

Not sure what "murco" is, but I would imagine that the company in which he held the stock would have record of its shareholders and transfers. Of course, if he has a broker, check there first. If you initiate a civil suit, you can ask questions of the wife under oath (sounds as if they are estranged). You may be able to file a crimminal charge as well if there was fruad involved.

Also, see if FINRA, the securities regulating body, has any ideas. Link included.

We can be reached at 616-235-4000. Our web address is: www.mackrazlaw.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business