How do I find an experienced medical malpractice attorney willing to see me in person for a paid consultation?

Jacksonville, FL |

I know that my case is an example of medical malpractice, but I also know that is difficult to prove. I don't want a free consultation, and I don't think I can adequately explain my situation by phone or in an online form. I would like to meet with someone who can help me understand all the options. If it is not a case that justifies a lawsuit, I'd like to know what else I can do to keep this from happening to someone else. If you can help me locate someone, what would be a reasonable fee for such a consultation?

Most actions arising from medical negligence require more than a phone call, and I would certainly agree that an on-line form is not only generally if not almost always inadequate, it is just not a professional manner in which a lawyer, in my opinion, should treat someone seeking his or her counsel, irrespective of whether that individual's case is well-founded and viable economically (given the very high cost involved in pursuing medical malpractice actions) or not. If Skype is an acceptable compromise, I would be happy to speak with you on order to explore the possible basis for the claim to which you have made reference. Having said that, this forum is not one which I feel should be used to seek out potential clients, so this is a bit awkward. I generally recommend that anyone seeking counsel speak with three or more experienced and qualified attorneys in the relevant specialty area. I would be happy to speak to you ad one of the three (or more) with

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation (simply dial {305} 972-5720), or, if you prefer, a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.

2. Click on the find a lawyer section here on Avvo.com and look for a medical malpractice attorney. Call him or her up, they'll likely be glad to hear from you.

DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Jimmy Allen Davis, P.L.. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at www.lawofficesofjimmyallendavis.com or email me at jimmy.davis.esq@gmail.com.

3. Do a google or Avvo search for a local attorney to consult with. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. Depending on the extent of your medical records, $500 - $2,500. If it looks like you might have a case, add on the cost to retain an appropriate doctor to analyze the matter and provide an affidavit if appropriate, $1,500 - $10,000.

You can use the AVVO find a lawyer tool, check for local lawyers handling these cases, check the local bar association, or call the Florida Bar for a referral 800-342-8011.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

5. If you have a tough case, offer the lawyer a retainer to cover his up-front costs so he isn't out of pocket.