How do I find an experienced medical malpractice attorney willing to see me in person for a paid consultation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I know that my case is an example of medical malpractice, but I also know that is difficult to prove. I don't want a free consultation, and I don't think I can adequately explain my situation by phone or in an online form. I would like to meet with someone who can help me understand all the options. If it is not a case that justifies a lawsuit, I'd like to know what else I can do to keep this from happening to someone else. If you can help me locate someone, what would be a reasonable fee for such a consultation?

1. Jimmy Allen Davis

5

1

Answered . Click on the find a lawyer section here on Avvo.com and look for a medical malpractice attorney. Call him or her up, they'll likely be glad to hear from you.

2. George Costas Andriotis

5

1

Answered . Do a google or Avvo search for a local attorney to consult with. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

5

1

Answered . Depending on the extent of your medical records, $500 - $2,500. If it looks like you might have a case, add on the cost to retain an appropriate doctor to analyze the matter and provide an affidavit if appropriate, $1,500 - $10,000.

You can use the AVVO find a lawyer tool, check for local lawyers handling these cases, check the local bar association, or call the Florida Bar for a referral 800-342-8011.

Pro

4

1

Answered . If you have a tough case, offer the lawyer a retainer to cover his up-front costs so he isn't out of pocket.

5. David Bradley Dohner

1

Best Answer

Answered . Most actions arising from medical negligence require more than a phone call, and I would certainly agree that an on-line form is not only generally if not almost always inadequate, it is just not a professional manner in which a lawyer, in my opinion, should treat someone seeking his or her counsel, irrespective of whether that individual's case is well-founded and viable economically (given the very high cost involved in pursuing medical malpractice actions) or not. If Skype is an acceptable compromise, I would be happy to speak with you on order to explore the possible basis for the claim to which you have made reference. Having said that, this forum is not one which I feel should be used to seek out potential clients, so this is a bit awkward. I generally recommend that anyone seeking counsel speak with three or more experienced and qualified attorneys in the relevant specialty area. I would be happy to speak to you ad one of the three (or more) with