How do I find an attorney to that workes with medical negligence in San Diego

Asked over 1 year ago - El Cajon, CA

My husband has lost sight in his left eye due to a detached retina. The problem is that the dr. that is treating him fail to diagnose him the first time that he went for an emergency appointment one month before he went completely blind.
My husband has recorded his appointment conversations with the Dr. because he sometimes do not understand completely the medical terms.
When he went to his first appointment he called me from work and he was complaining that he was seeing something like little mosquitoes in his eye and a half moon. I told him that he should call his doctor immediately because his mother had problems with detached retina and it sounded like the same thing she described to me. We went to the appointment together and the doctor did the examination and at first he seemed a li

We went to the appointment together and the doctor did the examination and at first he seemed a little worried but after the examination he assured my husband that what he had was normal and he had floaters. We believed him because he said he didn't see any tear. What I didn't know at the time is that he could of ordered an ultrasound to make sure and he didn't and that seeing tears in the retina is not always that easy. So he told my husband to go home and that he wanted to see my husband in a month. Before that month came by his eye got worth and my husband called to make another appointment, he still could see out the eye. It took 3 days to give him the appointment. By the time he saw the doctor
he became blind on his left eye that nervously set up surgery to the very next day try to attached the retina. It's been 2 weeks and he is very afraid that he will not recover his vision. He is not able to return to work, his eyes is constantly watering. We need some guidance.

1. Steven Jay Weinberg

7

Answered . You should consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Not every bad outcome means there was medical malpractice, The evalutaion of a potential medical malpractice case requires a thorough review of the medical records, usualy by both the attorney and a medical expert who the attorney will retain for that purpose. There are very specific time limits within which a medical malpractice case must be filed, failure to file within those time limits will result in the case being barred by the applicable statute of limitations so you should consult an attorney as soon as possible.
    Steven J. Weinberg, Trial Lawyer
    (888)381-0561
    www.sjweinberglaw.com

2. Paul Y. Lee

6

Answered . You need to locate a medical malpractice attorney who represents plaintiffs. If you can locate an attorney who has experience with ophthalmologist malpractice cases, that is a bonus. You can try to locate such an attorney through Avvo or other lawyer directory sites such as lawyers.com or findlaw.com. You can also try San Diego County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information service, https://www.sdcba.org/index.cfm?pg=MainLRIS

Pro

5

Best Answer

Answered . A detached retina usually needs to be diagnosed and treated within the first 24 hours. Retain a local malpractice lawyer to order his records and send them to an expert to review.

4. Logan Lambert Quirk

2

Answered . CALL THE LRIS

5. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

2

Answered . Apart from all the other answers keep in mind recording coversations without consent is a crime and inadmissible as evidence in CA.

6. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

1

Answered . If not diagnosed quickly and treated immediately, retinal detachment can result in permanent blindness. Physicians consider retinal detachment as an extremely serious emergency condition as quick diagnosis and immediate treatment can prevent vision loss. Notice that the two previous sentences do not say the same thing.

Should one suffer blindness as a result of a doctor failing to correctly and timely diagnosis the condition (and then, as a result, failing to treat the condition), one just may have a medical malpractice case. One should then contact a medical malpractice attorney, like me, to get individualized advice.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

7. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

1

Answered . I am sorry for your experience. I need more facts to assess your situation.

Ajay Kwatra, Esquire