Skip to main content

How do I find a Probono lawyer or somebody that will work with low income?

Minneapolis, MN |

child custody case needing a lawyer don't have much money but the father has a lawyer have a sene scheduled for this month

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It can be very difficult to find pro bono representation for a custody case. You might want to try calling the ramsey county modest means referral program (the case doesn't have to be in ramsey county). This is a service for low income households. There is a $20 consultation fee to meet with an attorney and if you hire them, the hourly rate is $55 with a $600 retainer.

    Amanda Swanberg is licensed to practice in MN and her response is based on MN law. Ms. Swanberg’s response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to her. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Ms. Swanberg's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. Try Access Justice

  3. The Volunteer Lawyers' Network serves Hennepin county. I suggest contacting them and asking about full representation services.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

  4. You may contact Legal Aid Society. As appropriate to your personal circumstances, you may hire a private attorney as some will consider your finances in fee and some may provide 'limited scope' legal services to you.


Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics