Skip to main content

How do I find a pro bono divorce lawyer in the Bay Area in Calif to help me with my case?

Dublin, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

I have a complicated divorce case, and have spent thousands on this process over the past 2 years. Unfortunately at the end of mediation, nothing was settled, and the judge pushed everyting to trial. I have nothing left, and my lawyer just quit, knowing I didn't recieve my spousal support and therefore cannot pay him. I need to find a lawyer to represent me at a decreased or pro bono cost.

Attorney Answers 1


Pro bono? Nearly impossible these days, but you could try calling the Alameda County (510-302-2222)or Contra Costa County (925-686-6900) bar associations for suggestions. There's also Bay Area Legal Aid (510-663-4744 or 925-233-9954), but they are pretty tapped out right now and generally only offer services to people who are in dire financial need.

In terms of decreased cost, you may have a better shot, but it would require you to potentially consult with numerous attorneys to see who is willing to work at a discounted rate. The two county bar associations have a "moderate means" panel of attorneys who offer services at discount rates, so you might try asking specifically for that.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics