How do I find a medical malpractice lawyer who has a neurosurgical specialist who can forensically find fault on past surgeries?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

On October 2010, I sustained several injuries from a fall of ~35-40 (suicide attempt), of which my spine suffered the most. Of all my spinal injuries, the four compression fractures (L1-L3) were the most serious. I underwent spinal fusion. Due to staph infections, I had to get four MORE surgeries. The first four surgeries were done by the same doctor at the same hospital. The staph kept recurring. The last surgery was done by a medical team at another hospital. The two members of the new neurosurgical team told me (off the record) that they thought that there was an issue with placement of the fusion hardware and debridement that caused recurrence of infection. How do I get a medical specialist to confirm that the fault lied with the original surgeon?

1. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

5

Answered . Spinal surgery is fraught with risk, and infection is a risk of any surgery. For these reasons, you have most likely got a tough case. That said, the best medical malpractice lawyers generally can find specicalists in almost any medical field to review cases. If you can't find a good med mal lawyer on your own, give me a call. I am not taking any new medical cases, but I know most of the lawyers who practice in the field in NY. Bear in mind the statute of limitations for medical malpractice in NY is 2 1/2 years. An exception for continuous treatment may apply in your case, but you can't rely on that.

Pro

4

Answered . A med mal lawyer would get the expert, not you. A medical malpractice lawyer in your state would need to retain an expert who could review your medical records to see if there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . contact a local medical malpractice attorney. If they are interested in your case they will have it medically reviewed to see if there was malpractice committed. Look right here at www.avvo.com

One or more answers have been taken down.