Skip to main content

How do i find a low income or free child support attorney?

North Attleboro, MA |

i have court september 10th and im nervous to go in front of the judge again. i did this past monday and i was a nervous wreck. im starting to get stressed out with all of this court stuff.. i dont understand half of it.. i would like an attorney to take it out of my hands for me. im very tight on money as i have a 6 month old baby, but i REALLY need the help.. so HELP!

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I am sorry you are struggling with this issue. If you wish to find a free attorney you can try contacting the Massachusetts Bar Association at 866-627-7577. Our firm does handle reduced-fee cases from time to time and I would be more than happy to discuss how we might assist you. I wish you all the best.

  2. You might try calling South Coastal Counties Legal Services, Inc. in Fall River to see if you qualify for their help. (508) 676-6265. Website:

    Gary S. Sinclair is an attorney licensed to practice in Massachusetts. All answers are based on Massachusetts law or a simple reading of the law in your jurisdiction. All answers are for educational purposes and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to your question. The information provided should NOT be relied upon for making legal decisions. You will be best served by hiring an attorney in your area who specializes in the field of law pertinent to your question.

  3. It might be too late to ask DOR for help, but if in the future the other parent doesn't pay after being ordered to do so DOR will take the parent to court. They also help in paternity cases.

    Also you might think about hiring an attorney who is certified in limited assistance representation. Attorney's who are LAR certified can represent you on a limited basis and it's usually less expesive.

  4. Call county or mass bar association.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics