HOW DO I FIND A LAWYER WITH EXPERIENCE AGAINST METRO RAIL TRANSIT WHEN I LIVE IN MD, ACCIDENT HAPPEND IN VA, METRO HQ IS DC?

Gaithersburg, MD |

COMMUTING FROM DC TO VA ON METRO, READING A BOOK, SEAT BREAKS AWAY FROM WALL TUMBLING ME TO FALL. HURT BACK, HEAD AND PELVIS. METRO EMPTIED TRAIN CAR, CALLED FOR AMBULANCE BUT TOLD AMBULANCE TO GO TO NEXT TRAIN STOP IN ERROR. METRO LEFT ME ON FLOOR ALONE AND CONTINUED TO NEXT STOP (PAINFUL RIDE). NO BROKEN BONES BUT MUCH PAIN. I AM NOW AFRAID TO RIDE METRO TO WORK...STANDING TOO LONG HURTS AND I'M SCARED TO SIT.

1. Use the Find a Lawyer function here on Avvo to find a personal injury lawyer near you. Many attorneys in the area are licensed in all three states.

www.mdappeals.com - This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

2. The internet and AVVO are excellent resources to help you find a lawyer. You can look at attorneys' websites to read about their experience and qualifications. We have handled many cases against METRO, and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you. You are welcome to give me a call.

3. First of all, I hope you sought medical treatment before trying to find a lawyer. That being said, use the AVVO "Find a Lawyer" tool. An experienced personal injury attorney in the DC Metro area will tell advise you as to the most appropriate venue in which to file legal action.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

4. You may be actually asking two questions. First, with respect to a lawyer with experience against Metro, such a lawyer could be found in either of the three jurisdictions. If your question is where could you file a lawsuit, again, you could file in any of the jurisdictions as Metro has sufficient "contacts" such that you could file suit in any of the three jurisdictions.