How do i find a lawyer who will take a civil case against a court who is being sued for wrong imprisonment to a citizen

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I was incarcerated for eight moinths after i served my discharge date of parole and was locked up with the mistake of the paperwork from the court

1. Peyton Zimmerman Peebles III

Pro

Answered . If you are in Houston then you should Google "Houston Lawyer Referral Service." Call the number and tell them you need to talk to a civil rights attorney. I suspect you might have a significant immunity hurdle to overcome, but a civil rights lawyer can ask you more questions and properly advise you.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Answered . You need an attorney who handles civil rights violations. If you can't find one on Avvo, just start searching the Internet. You should be able to find a few who will do a free case evaluation for you.