How do I find a lawyer to defend me against a slip n fall lawsuit filed against me?He claims my sidewalk was too uneven.

Asked over 1 year ago - Reading, PA

A man filed a suit claiming injurys to his ankle.I do not have liability insurance to cover this.I went to the bar association because I don't have much money but they were of no help at all.I need to find someone that can work with me on a payment arrangement.I am on a fixed income,onlyhave SS to rely on.

Pro

9

Answered . Call the local bar association for a pro bono attorney.

2. Charles William Hinnant III

10

Answered . In your situation, because you will receive no defense as a result of having no liability insurance, I would contact the local bar and request help from a defense firm that takes on pro bono cases. Many of the defense firms in any given area require associates or other attorneys to engage in a certain number of pro bono hours during the course of a year. If you were to contact either the state bar's pro bono section, or a local defense firm to inquire about whether they perform pro bono work in alleged negligence cases, you may be able to find an attorney to help. Good luck.

3. Jonathan David Marx

7

Answered . The Bar referral service is likely your best bet, as the other attorneys suggested, asking them for a firm that can handle your case pro bono is good advice. Good luck.

4. Matthew C Simon

Pro

6

Answered . Depending upon the alleged injury, your best bet may be to gather some money for a settlement asap. If that doesn't work, use it for a retainer with an attorney. Use the avvo find a lawyer tool above to locate an attorney in your area. If you would like a referral, contact me anytime. Good luck.

5. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

4

Answered . If its a sidewalk, it is possible that the town/city is secondarily liable for the incident. You should bring them in and often they are in a better position to litigate it

6. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . Check if there is a local legal aid society that will render legal defense assistance