Skip to main content

How do I find a good pro bono attorney in Birmingham AL

Birmingham, AL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My boss is being investigated for bank fraud and has told the bank that it was all me. My bank has already charged back two paycks he stated was unauthorized. How do I fight this?

since I posted this i discovered that my bank has charged back a total of 7500.00 in pay and bonus telling the bank they were unauthorized. I am terrified that the bank is coming after me how do i defend myself the only thing i am guilty of is being stupid,

Attorney Answers 3


If you click the Lawyer Search tab on the upper right portion of your screen,

you get to the link for attorney profiles

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Mark as helpful


You do not need a pro bono attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, you need a public defender, who will be paid by the state or government for representing you. Since it is bank fraud that is being investigated, it is likely a federal charge and the northern district of alabama has a panel of 75 attorneys that practice in front of the federal courts. If you are charged, you will be appointed one of these attorneys to represent you.

Mark as helpful


You can call the Birmingham Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyer Program at (205) 251-8006. that is one route to get an attorney to assist you if you don't have the funds. However, I don't think it can be overstated what a good criminal defense attorney can do for you. I often ask, would you look for a volunteer brain surgeon or the least expensive brain surgeon? Well, this is your life, and you need to look at it that way.

Eventually, you might have a civil claim against the bank if they had no right to charge back these funds.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics