How do I fill out an emergency motion for child pick up order?

Asked about 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

I am in desperate need of help. My child's father has been keeping my child from me for three months. He didn't allow our child to return and finish her school year. There has been domestic violence in the past. My child is very unhappy and is crying to come home. My child is also being severely alienated. Is there a lawyer who would assist me in filling it out an emergency motion for child pick up order on a sliding scale/pro bono? I am unsure how to fill out number 7 which states, "Advance notice of this motion to the individual named in paragraph 2 should not be required

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should have a lawyer handle this but if you just want the form reviewed then I can assist you with that too.

  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Usually that sentence is completed with facts that show that he has threatened to do something, but it depends upon the facts of your case, he has willfully violated the court order by keeping the child from you.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. William Charles Rosenfelt

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Shoot me your contact information to and I'll review it with you tomorrow. I will work with you so that you can afford it one way or another. I'm assuming that there is already an order or final judgment in effect that governs your time-sharing of the child with the father. If that is the case, if possible, scan and email it to me as well as any other related documentation. If you do not have a scanner, some of the copy places have them and you can pay to use them, etc. Just find one first that will let you scan before driving to it. I'll be back working tomorrow fairly early so I will contact you if you wish to discuss this further.

    Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,122 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,122 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering