How do i fill in for the pti program?? or am i even eligible??

Asked over 4 years ago - East Orange, NJ

my friend has a aggravted assault charge 4 count with a deadly weapon he did not mean to do it he was scared after he hit people and fled the scene because he felt life threaten by people whom were jumping him.....

1. Cassandra T Savoy

Answered . Your friend is in a lot of trouble. You need a lawyer to explain the ramifications of all of the issues involve. While I do not have all of the facts, it is highly unlikely that your friend will be eligible for pretrial intervention. This is a program designed to give first offenders of relatively minor offenses a second chance. Assault with a deadly weapon, which I am assuming was a car, is a serious crime. Leaving the scene of an accident carries several penalties which may not be totally obvious and which require far more explanation that a website can provide. Get your friend a lawyer.