How do I file my Adjustment of status now that I got married with a K-2 visa?

Kodiak, AK |

Good Evening, I have been here in the US for almost 2 years now and I havent filed my Adjustment of status, My Mother married an American Citizen with a Fiance Visa coming here to the US and my Step Dad Petitioned me along with my brother and sister but after a few months they got separated and My step dad was convicted with domestic violence, after that we moved away from him ddnt know to file papers without affedavit of support, Now I am married with an american citezen. how do I file my papers?

You and your US Citizen spouse may file documents with USCIS for your spouse to petition for you and for you to apply for US Citizenship. You should meet with an immigration attorney to go over your complete history and to prepare the documents, in order to have the best chance of success.

Your mother may file an I-360 Petition, along with an application for permanent residence, as the abused spouse of a US Citizen. Your mother should meet with an immigration attorney to go over her complete history and to prepare the documents, in order to have the best chance of success.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.