Skip to main content

How do I file for divorce with children in Missouri?

Arnold, MO |
Filed under: Divorce

I have 3 children, 1 is my (soon to be ex) husband's. The other 2 are not. However, all 3 were born during our marriage. Paternity has been established on the other two, so there is no confusion. We have not been together in nearly 10 years, but he refused to give me a divorce and took off. I don't know where he is or how to find him so I can file for divorce and have him served. I don't have much money. We do not have any assets or property to divide up, and he has only seen our daughter a handful of times in 10 years so I don't think it is something he would fight me over. Please help, I need this divorce.

Attorney Answers 2


Check your local court's website for free docs that you can use to get your divorce started. I would also call some local attorneys and get a consultation to get familiar with the process.

Mark as helpful


This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics