How do I file for bankruptcy in NY ? How much does it coast ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

How long does it take ? What are the requirements to be illegible for bankruptcy?

1. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on the type of bankruptcy and the reasons you are using bankruptcy. Chapter 7 11, or 13? the costs between the three vary widely.

2. Michael Hal Schwartz

Pro

1

Answered . You ask a great question, but as we say "loaded question". How to file bankruptcy can be explained by a competent bankruptcy lawyer. How much it costs, depends on how much work is involved. Best to you! Cases usually start at about $1,899 plus costs.

3. Yefim Rubinov

1

Answered . Every attorney charges differently and the time frame also depends on the type of Bankruptcy you are filing. You may contact me and I can refer you to an attorney.

4. Scott R. Schneider

Pro

1

Answered . It depends upon what Chapter your are filing and the complexity of your case. As for eligibility, there are certain criteria that you must meet to qualify for a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

5. Kathryn Ursula Tokarska

1

Answered . The question how to file for bankruptcy in NY is too broad for anyone to answer here. There is simply too much information to try to cram even into a seminar, never mind a written out answer. Cost depends on what type of bankrutpcy and how much is involved? Chapter 7, just generally speaking average lawyer would probably charge about $1,500, could be more if there some issues in the case or less. Chapter 13, generally, $3,600, although portion of fees can be covered through the chapter 13 payment plan. You also have different court fees, depending on the chapter. Chapter 7 is $306 currently. Chapter 13 is $281. Here's a link to the New York Bankruptcy court website that may offer you some insight. http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov/bankruptcy-informa...
    http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov/understanding-bank...