HOW DO I FILE FOR AS EXTENSION DUE TO BODILY INJURY IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN PENNS.?

Philadelphia, PA |

ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TIL THE STAUE RUNS OUT AND THE LAWYER NEVER FILED MY CASE WITH THE COURTS

1. There are no extensions, talk to your attorney.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

2. You should let your lawyer know that if he blows the statute, he'll be looking at a legal malpractice case. Who is the lawyer? Someone you found on television or the back of a bus?

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. You can file a Writ of Summons on your own and pay the Court fees. This will toll the Statute of Limitations. Then you must serve the Writ on all defendants.

The form can be found at courts.phila.gov/forms.

4. Statutes of limitation are absolute and can not be "extended" by filing a form or paper or in any other manner. Talk to your attorney. There may or may not be reasons for failure to file prior to the deadline in the statute of limitations. One thing is for sure, once the statute kicks in, that is in fact the end of the claim. There are no "extensions" or excuses.

See the article linked below for more:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

5. Michael and Christian are correct. If you file the Praecipe for Writ of Summons yourself, make sure it is served on all defendants within 30 days. If for some reason you lose your case because it was not filed on time, you may have a malpractice case against your former lawyer, but you will have to prove that you would have won your underlying case.

6. My collegauges have provided excellent responses to your question. Good luck to you.

No attorney/client relationship is formed between the attorney responding to this question and the individual asking the question.

7. I believe you have received some great responses from the other attorneys. Best of luck, I hope it worked out for you.

Gladys Wiles

The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website. Any information sent to The Firm by Internet e-mail or through the Website is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Website, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents. This Website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Furthermore, The Firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.