How do i file for anandoment if i dont know where the father is for over a year now?

Asked about 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

Over a year ago my daughters "father" walked out of her life and we have not seen or hear from him sense. Im trying to file for abamdonment but dont have an adress for him sense last i knew he was homless at the rescue mission. We have joint legal custody and i want to try and terminate his rights. How can i when i dont know where he is

1. Howard A. Schwartz

4

Answered . Your question is not clear. If you are asking how to proceed with any litigation against the father, you are going to have to complete service. If the party cannot be found, you will have to request permission from the court to provide service in some other way after a diligent search. Good luck.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . If you wish to terminate parental rights, then file in family court and ask court for guidance on service. If you are seeking a divorce, then consult with a lawyer about publication divorce.