Skip to main content

How do I file for a divorce in macomb county while my spouse is currently an inmate at the county jail?

Warren, MI |

Technically he has been locked up 90% of the time we have been married and we have nothing in common, no kids, no money accounts no property no nothing...

Attorney Answers 4


File in the County you live in and have him served in jail. It appears that he probably won't fight it.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Not a problem, easy to get service and should be a simple divorce.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


Check with a local lawyer, but you should easily be able to have the sheriff of the county serve him with a summons while he is in the county jail.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Typically the warden gets served with the papers and the inmate appears by phone.

Community forum:
Toll free 877 YOUR FIRM

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics