How do I file Contempt of Court against a business?

Asked about 1 year ago - Titusville, FL

My ex-husband's employer has not complied with an Income Deduction Order that they were sent via certified mail almost 40 days ago. I read on the Court's website that they have 15 days to start the deductions. They have not complied. They will not return my calls. By the 4th call I demanded a live person, who then told me "rules and regulations prevent her from telling me any status on the IDO". Palm Beach County Court implied that I should file Contempt of Court against the business. I have the motion. Do I list only the company as Respondent, or do I need to list my ex-husband ? Do I have to put a specific person from the company, or just the company name? Do I reference the same case number? I did the divorce and child support on my own without a lawyer. Thank you for your help

I finally got a hold of someone at the company. They told me they will not implement my IDO because it is dated to begin 2011, signed by the Judge January 2012. He has not had a "real" job since then so this is the first time I could use it. The woman told me "it is too old and needs to be updated with his current income and their company information on it." I explained to her that the Notice to Payor has the company name, and the IDO itself states "any present or subsequent employers/payors of obligor". I talked to the Court and they said everything I filed is correct. The company said they will have their attorney call me to explain why they are not implementing this IDO. I am awaiting their call.

UPDATE - Last week I went to an attorney and now today I received a phone call from the company and they said that they made a "mistake". They are implementing the order this next pay period. It is sad that it took an attorney making a call to get it taken care of when I had done everything correctly.

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

6

Answered . Have you attempted communication in writing first before considering additional court action?

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . The ex husband is a party to the action and must be in the style of the case. You do not have to put a specific person, just the company name. It is the same case number. Good luck.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . You would likely need to designate the payroll department officer or something to that effect. Have not had that come up though. interesting that they will not abide by it.....I think that there has been a miscommunication.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)