Skip to main content

How do I file class action suit against mc donalds for hostile work enviroment

Rio Vista, CA |

Was called stupiid and idiot for a year and a half, other employees harrassed about weight and race

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In order for harassment in the workplace to be unlawful, it has to be based on characteristics of a protected class: race, gender, medical condition, religion, age over 40, pregnancy, etc. You won't be able to file a class action based on race discrimination unless it happened to you, but others may have a valid lawsuit. Rude behavior by a boss (calling someone stupid, etc.) is not a proper cause of action (claim) for filing a lawsuit.


The facts you summarize here do not suggest the applicability of class action standards. It seems like you had an abusive and unpleasant boss. That is generally not unlawful. The law will not protect yelling or harassment for perceived stupidity. Employees who were harassed about their race may have a basis for claim.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


You don't. You would file an individual action.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer