Skip to main content

How do I file an amendment to my Texas divorce decree?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce decree

2 sets of documents were filed with the court for my divorce and the judge signed the wrong version. My ex and I signed an amendment stating he owed money to me correcting the judge's error. Now he is not paying and I can not get a writ of execution since the amendment was not signed by the judge. How do I file the amendment with the court? It was dated in April 2008. Is there a time frame for filing it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This could be complicated. I would need to look at all the documents to be sure what needs to be done, but It could be difficult as it is over 1 year old. Call my office for a free consultation so we can discuss your options.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer