How do I file an Amended Petition for Dissolution of Marriage in Dekalb County? I can't find a form for this anywhere.

Asked over 1 year ago - Sycamore, IL

My ex is no longer showing up for court. He appeared the first time that is it. I have to have him served a copy of this and soon, I don't even know what to go file. I can't find it anywhere.

1. Gary L. Schlesinger

3

Answered . you could hire a lawyer to help you with this.

how do you know you have to have him served with a copy of what you have not yet filed? what is the need for an amended petition? is it because you used irreconcilable differences as the grounds and have not been separated for two years?

it sounds as if you would be best served by hiring a laywer.

2. Wes Cowell

Pro

2

Answered . These documents are easy to come by and are available at literally hundreds, if not thousands, of locations near you. Swing by an attorney's office and ask to have one prepared for you.

If you have to ask how to do it, you shouldn't -- you should hire a lawyer.

3. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . It sounds like you have no clue what you are doing. You can argue that you cannot afford a lawyer but fixing what you might mess up will cost you even more. There is no such thing as a form for an amended Petition for Dissolution. Please at least consult with a lawyer. You are in over your head.