How do I file an Amended Petition for Dissolution of Marriage in Dekalb County? I can't find a form for this anywhere.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sycamore, IL

My ex is no longer showing up for court. He appeared the first time that is it. I have to have him served a copy of this and soon, I don't even know what to go file. I can't find it anywhere.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Gary L. Schlesinger

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . you could hire a lawyer to help you with this.

    how do you know you have to have him served with a copy of what you have not yet filed? what is the need for an amended petition? is it because you used irreconcilable differences as the grounds and have not been separated for two years?

    it sounds as if you would be best served by hiring a laywer.

  2. Wes Cowell

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These documents are easy to come by and are available at literally hundreds, if not thousands, of locations near you. Swing by an attorney's office and ask to have one prepared for you.

    If you have to ask how to do it, you shouldn't -- you should hire a lawyer.

  3. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It sounds like you have no clue what you are doing. You can argue that you cannot afford a lawyer but fixing what you might mess up will cost you even more. There is no such thing as a form for an amended Petition for Dissolution. Please at least consult with a lawyer. You are in over your head.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,449 answers this week

3,162 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,449 answers this week

3,162 attorneys answering