How do I file an administrative claim in the State of Georgia for constitutional rights violation by a City

Asked 8 months ago - Atlanta, GA

I Rented an Apartment in the City of Sandy Springs from a landlord, GA. He refused to make repairs to the apartment, so we reported him to City Code. The city Code went to court and brought back Citations for not only him, but for me because of illegal wiring that I had nothing to do with. I was wrongfully tried and convicted. The court did not offer me a lawyer and they followed wrong court procedures.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . Consult with a civil rights attorney about your specific ASAP. If you missed the short timeframe in which you may file a claim you may have no legal claim.

FYI, court not required to offer you a lawyer for civil case.

2. Benjamin S Kuipers

2

Answered . Wrongly tried and convicted? I would consult with the attorney you hired to represent you, or if you did not, consult with an attorney skilled in appeals, in state constitutional law, in federal constitutional law, and in landlord tenant actions. It may take some research and digging.

Good luck .

Pro

2

Answered . Best to run this by your lawyer.

4. John Allen Chalk

Pro

1

Answered . You should read carefully the "Citations" issued against you. They should state what are your appeal rights, if any. You should immediately contact the city attorney's office, make an in-person appointment to visit with the city attorney in charge of your "citations." You should obtain a copy of the city code cited in the "Citations." The city code may explain your next appeal steps. You should consult a real estate litigator in your community to determine whether or not you, as the tenant, are liable for the "Citations" and whether or not you have an "inverse condemnation" claim. Nothing in this remarks constitute legal advice and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am not licensed to practice law in Georgia.