How do i file a written brief in response to the mediator's mediation memo?

Asked about 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I do not have a lawyer and my Ex does. In court after reading the Mediator's Mediation memo he asked to come back so he could file a response. How do I go about filing a written brief?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . Filing a brief should be optional, unless the judge specifically ordered you to file one.

The brief should be on numbered pleading paper with a case caption on it. Alternatively, you can use a Judicial Council form as your caption page. I am thinking that if you are trying to tell the court about some irregularity in the mediation, you may want to submit a declaration under penalty of perjury. See link for form below.

However, as far as the contents of the brief or declaration, you haven't supplied sufficient information for us to give you any advice.

2. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Filing a response may not be appropriate or wise in this situation. If your ex's lawyer wants to addrss some issues, it may then be appropriate to respond to that. but right now it sounds like you should quit while you're ahead.