How do I file a significant recusal of a judge? I have significant reasons but I am afraid that my efforts may fall short

Asked over 1 year ago - 11415

Queens County

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . A recusal motion is something that has to be handled with great care: if you lose, you'll be before the judge you tried to get removed and about whom you presumably said some fairly negative things. You should consult with a local attorney who knows and practices before the judge regularly.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

1

Answered . I was a prosecutor in Queens and will be there tomorrow defending a criminal case. Your lawyer can file a written motion backed up with both facts and case law. It is very hard to get a Judge to recuse him/herself. Many lawyers are afraid to file these motions for fear of angering the Judges. If you really have the goods you need a lawyer who will not be afraid to fight for you.

3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

4

Answered . Very difficult to do. Might want to rethink your approach.