How do I file a objection to Motion for relief of automatic stay in PA?

Asked about 5 years ago - Red Lion, PA

I am not behind on my payments, never on the due date but never ever 30 days late. My attorney said that I couldn't reaffirm and that they don't recommend it. Now I have the motion and this is my only mode of transportation. I tried to get the auto company to reaffirm recently with a co-signer but my attorney is telling me they said no. The auto company didn't have the correct $ due on the origional papers and thats when the attorney advised against it. Actually I keep getting shoved off to the associates of my attorney and he "reassured me" that this wouldn't happen when we went to the creditor's meeting.

1. Kevin Lee Linder

Pro

Answered . Please attempt to speak witour attorney personally. Reaffirmation Agreements are much like original car loans -- the debtor and the creditor have to agree to make the loan. The bankruptcy court cannot force the creditor to offer you a Reaffirmation Agreement. You can consider switching to a Chapter 13 bankruptcy if they do not offer you a Reaffirmation Agreement. That will allow you to keep the vehicle even though the car company does not offer you a Reaffirmation Agreement.