Skip to main content

How do I file a motion to correct an order? What forms do I need?

Pasadena, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

There was incorrect information put in an FL-341 by my ex-husband and the judge signed off on it. I do not have an attorney and I never received a copy of the form. I only came across it in our file when I went to the courthouse to retrieve other information. I turned in another FL-341 with the correct information to be signed by the judge. Is that enough?

Attorney Answers 1


That will likely not be enough. You will likely need to file a Request for Order (formerly a Notice of Motion prior to 7/1/2012) for the Court to correct its order, accompanied by a copy of the Court Reporter's Transcript showing what the Court pronounced, to assist the Court in amending its prior order (or Judgment, whichever the case may be) to set forth what it pronounced. You may need to retain an experienced Family Law Attorney regarding this matter.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics