Skip to main content

How do I file a motion for relief in Will County, IL to get my husband to start paying some of the household bills?

Plainfield, IL |

Zero contribution has been made to mortgage or any other bills since he left in Jan. He filed for divorce in March

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Have your divorce attorney make the request as part of the divorce matter pendng

  2. If you do not have a lawyer, you need one. You need to file a Motion for contribution to household expenses. There are many good lawyers in Will County.

  3. This is pretty simple:

    Pick up the phone and call your lawyer and ask him/her to get this taken care of. It's no big deal -- happens in every case and your lawyer will be able to handle it.

    The fact that you're online asking this questions demonstrates that you cannot handle this issue on your own, without a lawyer. So, if you don't have one, hire one.

    Questions? Call -- 312-987-9999 -- for a no-charge, no-obligation, free Matrimonial / Family Law legal consultation.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics