How do I file a motion for genetic testing in Texas?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

The mother has led me to believe I'm the father, but is not allowing any shared custody or visitation.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brian Douglas Walters


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will have to file a SAPCR and set a Temporary Orders hearing to get genetic testing done.

    This information is not legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If you can get the child, there are kits at Walgreens, if not hire an attorney to draft and file motion, best to also file a suit affecting the parent child relationship

  3. Kathleen Rolston Robbins

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You need to file a lawsuit to determine parentage. The court will order DNA testing that you will have to pay for. Or you can go to the attorney general's office in Houston (there are several locations). Tell them you want visitation and will pay child support but you want DNA testing first. They will cover the costs. However, because they have so many cases this may take several months.

    I recommend that you consult with an attorney regarding this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,494 answers this week

2,989 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,494 answers this week

2,989 attorneys answering