How do I file a motion for genetic testing in Texas?

Houston, TX |

The mother has led me to believe I'm the father, but is not allowing any shared custody or visitation.

You will have to file a SAPCR and set a Temporary Orders hearing to get genetic testing done.

This information is not legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship.

If you can get the child, there are kits at Walgreens, if not hire an attorney to draft and file motion, best to also file a suit affecting the parent child relationship

You need to file a lawsuit to determine parentage. The court will order DNA testing that you will have to pay for. Or you can go to the attorney general's office in Houston (there are several locations). Tell them you want visitation and will pay child support but you want DNA testing first. They will cover the costs. However, because they have so many cases this may take several months.

I recommend that you consult with an attorney regarding this matter.

Recommended articles about Family law