Skip to main content

How do I file a motion for enforcement of a divorce decree in harris county texas

Spring, TX |

Been divorced a year and ex husband in Uk refuses to pay 50% of medical bills and has not set up a life insurance policy for our son which he was told to do within 30 days!

Attorney Answers 4


Check online website for the county court first and then if you still have questions you can see if the Court has a self help center. IF this does not work, contact an attorney.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You've got a problem. With your ex-husband in the UK, he is outside the jurisdiction of the U.S. courts and Texas in particular. You will need to contact a solicitor in the U.K. to help you with this solution. You may locate one on Google or contact an American family lawyer to help you find a solicitor.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Mark as helpful


The Texas Attorney General can help with a reciprocal agreement with the U.K. If you divorced in Harris County they can help track him down. Otherwise your best bet would be to find a solicitor in the UK and register the judgment over there and request enforcement. Good luck.

Please be advised the posting of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Karen L. Marvel and the Law Office of Arthur G. Augustine, as a condition of their employment, require a signed written employment agreement prior to formally establishing an attorney-client relationship with any person.

Mark as helpful


If he is a United States Citizen you may be able to contact the US Embassy regarding his passport. There are times when they will not allow the passport to be renewed if back support is owed. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics